When it comes to an emergency, time is critical - so choose the ER with some of the shortest wait times in the area.
TriStar Greenview's Emergency Department provides high level emergent healthcare for all types of injuries and illness, including heart attack, stroke, flu and viral illness. Our ER staff is specially trained to stabilize, manage, and diagnose patients with acute illness and injury. Each year, the TriStar Greenview emergency department sees more than 30,000 patients.
If you’re experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
Why Choose Us
In an emergency, you need to be seen by a medical provider as soon as possible, so minimizing wait time is our top priority. Our expert triage team accesses each patient as they arrive so there is no wait time for potentially life threatening conditions, such as chest pain or stroke.
- 24/7 access
- Primary Stroke Center
- One of only two Accredited Chest Pain Centers in Warren County
- Advanced clot-busting techniques for fast treatment of heart attack symptoms
- Rapid assessments for cardiac disease and trauma
- Helipad for air ambulances
- Convenient bedside registration for reduced wait times
- Highly trained emergency physicians and caring medical staff
- Access to a broad range of specialized physicians including neurosurgeons, neurologists, cardiologists and surgeons
- Expert treatment for patients of all ages, from children to older adults
The Emergency Room is not a replacement for your primary care physician. Please see your family doctor regularly for minor injuries or illnesses. In a true emergency, dial 911.
Recognizing the Symptoms...
Two of the most common life-threatening emergencies are heart attacks and strokes. In both cases, time is crucial. Being able to recognize the symptoms can help save the life of you or someone you love:
Chest pain is often a symptom of heart disease. It occurs when the blood vessels leading to the heart are blocked. This results in less blood, and therefore less oxygen, reaching the heart muscle. When the heart muscle is deprived of oxygen, chest pain and other symptoms result. Chest pain of any kind deserves a medical evaluation to determine its cause.
Other symptoms may include:
- Shortness of breath & difficulty breathing
- Unexplained anxiety
- Weakness of fatigue
- Cold sweat
Are You at Risk for Heart Disease?
Heart disease strikes someone in the U.S. every 34 seconds and claims more lives than ALL forms of cancer combined. Take our Heart Risk Assessment and see, in just a few quick minutes, if you're at risk for heart disease. It's easy & free!What's YOUR Heart's Age?
Stroke is a type of cardiovascular disease. It affects the arteries leading to and within the brain. A stroke occurs when a blood vessel that carries oxygen and nutrients to the brain is either blocked by a clot or a burst. When that happens, part of the brain cannot get the blood and oxygen it needs, so it starts to die.
Learn to recognize the symptoms of a stroke quickly:
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause